Saturday, January 16, 2010

44 - Vote Coakley to prevent any comeback of the GOP

The following letter was published on January 16, 2010 by
The Cape Cod Times
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

After the passing of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, I had decided I would sit out the election that will fill the rest of his term.

Even though I think Martha Coakley will win easily, Scott Brown has certainly gotten my attention. It seems to me Scott Brown is a hope for those forces that were voted out of power in 2006 and 2008. John McCain, the candidate who picked Sarah Palin for a VP running mate, snapped me out of my sitting-this-election-out mood when he endorsed Scott Brown; the forces that gave the Bush administration a blank check are trying to make a comeback.

My vote for Martha Coakley will be a vote with a dual purpose; like many other votes, it will help her win big, and maintain that show of respect for Sen. Kennedy's seat and legacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home